Ways to Get Involved
When you return, make the most out of what you learned from your travels. Take time to reflect. Then turn your reflections into action:
- Culturally Speaking or Conversation Partners - international students meet with UA students for informal conversation about cultural topics.
- Student Organizations – Apwonjo, Alabama International Relations Club, Study Abroad Connections, and various language clubs. Find these and more on the Source website http://thesource.ua.edu
- Write an article for the CW or to be featured on CIAP’s homepage
- Volunteer to help with International Student Check-In and Orientation and help greet new international students coming to study at UA
- Ask the housing office about international living communities on UA’s campus
If you are interested in helping out students who are considering studying abroad, planning a career in international education or would like to meet international students on campus, contact our office to get involved.