Programs > Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Dylan J Bernstein Memorial Scholarship
|Restrictions:||UA applicants only|
|Dylan J. Bernstein Memorial Scholarship
The “Dylan J. Bernstein Memorial Scholarship” was created to honor the life and memory of Dylan Bernstein. Dylan was a junior at the University of Alabama who had an incredible thirst for adventure and appreciation of life. His vivacious personality and charming smile was contagious to everyone around. Dylan believed that everyone must live life to the fullest. He never wasted an opportunity to explore and see what life had to offer. Dylan's last adventure was spending the spring semester of his junior year in a study abroad program sponsored through CEA in Prague, Czech Republic.
Dylan lived every day with his fun and goofy demeanor, going on wild adventures, playing sports, working at the dog shelter, and being friendly to anyone who he crossed paths with. He fully embodied the phrase “Carpe Diem”. With the help of CEA, the Bernstein Scholarship is offered annually to a UA student participating in a CEA program. The award is up to $4,000.
- currently be enrolled full-time at UA.
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- have submitted a UA Study Abroad application.
- accepted to participate in a CEA study abroad program in which they will receive academic credit.
- can demonstrate financial need.
Complete the Education Abroad Scholarship which includes:
- Questions #1-8 - Biographical and program information
- Question # 9 - Provide a statement answering the following question: What does Carpe Diem mean to you? This statement can be uploaded or typed into the question box that is provided. The statement of purpose should be at least 500 words.
- Provide one letter of reference.
- Verification of Information check off item.
Notification of Award:
All students will be notified via email about the outcome of the scholarship award no later than two weeks after the close of the application.
Award amount up to $4,000 annually.
|Dates / Deadlines:|